The Volta Regional Minister has disclosed that the much awaited Ho Central market will be commissioned in the coming weeks for use to boost business activities in the market.
According to him, the commissioning of the market had delayed due to a pending court case which was brought about as a result of disagreements bothering on the allocation of the market stalls.
Reacting to queries raised by a group calling itself the Concerned Citizens of Volta at the Volta Regional Coordinating Council on Thursday April 12th 2018, the Regional Minister said the disagreements have been resolved to make way for the commissioning of the market project.
“The Ho market is completed. You see there have been some court cases, the market women association and the shop owners had gone to court which caused a delay in the whole process and now that allocation had been completed, the Minister will come so that we commission the place. So in the next few weeks, that market should be operational” he said.
Related Link: I’m not happy as a Regional Minister – Archibald Letsa
The opposition NDC affiliated group, which has been on the forefront pushing for the development of the Volta region have raised the concerns in a petition presented to the regional minister, requiring him to explain to them, reasons behind the decision of the current government to grind to a halt, developmental projects started across the the region by the previous NDC government of former President John Mahama.
The group named such projects as the much talked about Eastern Corridor road project, the Sokode Ho Dual Carriage project, the Sokode UHAS bye pass dualized road, the Ho Airport finalization project and the Ho Central market projects among others as some of the projects that they expected either completed or work progressing steadily on.
“Our main concern as indigenes is to seek to interact with you to enquire about some key development projects started in the region by the erstwhile Mahama led NDC government before they were voted out of power, some of which are being discontinued or at best moving at a snail pace”, the group said in the petition.
While calling on the Regional Minister run an open door, all inclusive administration in the supreme interest of the entire region, the group also sought to know from the Minister the progress of work on the implementation of some of government’s flagship programs, such as the 1D1F, 1V1D and the 1M1C promises made by then candidate Akufo Addo in the lead up to the 2016 general elections.
According to them, these initiatives if fully implemented, will go a long way to reduce the alarming unemployment rate in the country.
“We equally want to seize this opportunity to find out about the flagship projects of the Akufo Addo led NPP government geared towards providing relief to the massive unemployment and better living standards of the Ghanaian citizenry… We hereby promise our support to you as a citizen of the land so long as you run an all inclusive administration in the supreme interest of the total development of our dear region regardless of our individual and collective political persuasions” it added.
The Minister in response said a number of companies and investors have already been registered for the implementation of some of the ambitious initiatives that are at the heart of the Nana Akufo Addo government in order to reduce the alarming unemployment rate in the country, while boosting national economic growth.
Source: Kofi Gamor/Global FM