The Chief Executive of the Ho Municipal Assembly has debunked claims made by the Information Minister that government was misled by MMDCEs in the compilation of data of infrastructural development projects of the NPP.
Speaking to controversy surrounding one of such projects in the Ho Municipality on the Global Morning Show Tuesday 26 August, 2020, Mr. Pi-Bansah said it’s not true that the MMDCEs were liable for any such data entry error. According to him, they [MMDCEs] have all done the needed due diligence and corrections for onward submission for publication.
Responding to the public backlash generated by the duplication of the Youth Resource Centre project at Adaklu Tsrefe, in the government delivery tracker, the MCE said to the best of his knowledge, all such corrections were made before the data was forwarded.
“I’m not supposed to be blamed; I have rectified all anomalies for onward submission. I find it strange that it has occured again,” he noted.
Hon. Pi-Bansah also mentioned some projects undertaken by the NPP government in the municipality – a dormitory block at Mawuko Girls SHS and at Mawuli School, as well as a Nurses’ quarters at Kpenoe ,all in Ho municipality.
“There are several projects to see here in Ho Municipal; dormitory at Mawuko Girls, dormitory at Mawuko school and Nurses quarters at Kpenoe are all there for you to see,” he said.
On the Sokode-Ho road expansion project, the MCE admitted to assertions that ongoing work on portions of the road did not conform to the needed standard, adding that there will be a reassessment of work done so far, especially on the said portions that need to be worked on.
“It [mistake] happens in construction, but a second look will be given to that project for correction.”
The MCE also hinted on his preparedness for the upcoming Parliamentary elections and officially confirmed his intent to contest the Parliamentary seat for the Ho Central Constituency.